Sunday, April 29, 2012

I could do this



Only about a month until I go with a team to Liberia, and about a month and a half ago I was in Colombia.  I'm honestly beginning to think that I could really do this.  Nothing makes me feel so alive as when I'm serving people somewhere in the world.  There is just something about it, when I'm in the midst of all the chaos of international travel... I just know that there is nothing else that I'd rather be doing.

That trip to Colombia last month really did something in my heart.  It wasn't something that anyone said to me, but still I got back from that experience, and I realized that I was really serious about going anywhere in the world to serve God and part of me had been still holding back. I know it sounds simple, but I broke through another layer of surrendering that I didn't even know was there.

So here are a few more pictures from the Colombia trip that happened in March. I hope you enjoy them!

First Time Travelling with My Guitar.  I borrowed my Dad's guitar case,  and I will probably not do that  again since the case is so thin. 
We worked with the Community Mother's and the Kids she took care of everyday.


The Community Mother's PARROT!!
Add caption

 
Maria Camila! My new sister and translator. 


Maria and I singing in the church during some down time.


This was one of my favorite moments.  Maria and I had stopped to talk to this one lady.   She had been living with the father of all her children, but they had been living together so long when she accepted Christ that when her life started to transform the man who has been her "informal" husband for 10 years or so did not want to actually marry her, so she felt trapped in a life of sin... the church started to put pressure on her, but she felt trapped.... These kinds of situations, I know I'm not qualified to give her advice on, but I did pray for her.  But then while we had been sitting outside a group of twenty or so kids started to gather around, so we shared the gospel with them.  It really was an incredible moment because I can tell when a kid is engaged, and those kiddos were dialed in.  Ugh!! I love it!!   




The Team!

No comments:

Post a Comment