Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Hungry

Last week I went with a team to Barranquilla, Colombia. Never have I ever had an experience like it, and I can share more about why later. Every morning I led a team in Mesolandia working with in-home day care systems, a program called "Community Mothers", and in the afternoon we walked around the neighborhood and visited and talked about Jesus with the mothers and family of the little kids.

Here's a little video. I wasn't sure if I should really put it up. I was kind of a mess, but whatever.


Hungry from Danielle Williams on Vimeo.


I cannot imagine a more worthy calling then to go to minister to people just like this little girl.  The long term plan that we've bought into for Mesolandia is to see that this community become completely transformed, and my prayers are that this little girl's mom and dad are included in that transformation so they can feed her.


"If you pour yourself out for the hungry and satisfy the desire of the afflicted, then shall your light rise in the darkness and your gloom be as the noonday." Isaiah 58:10

No comments:

Post a Comment